Thursday, August 09, 2007

Humbled

So, I'm up for an award. Well, maybe not up for it yet, but under the kind of consideration a check for $199 and a well prepared submission will get you.

Next time you try to sit down and summarize the last 10 years of your career, let me know how it goes. I found it extremely difficult because it required the kind of self-promotional thinking and writing that normally makes me squirm. I discovered that I really don't like trying to convince anyone that I deserve to be recognized for my work.

Something positive did come out of this process, though. I am reminded of how truly extraordinary my company and my clients are. I am reminded of how much I adore the National Press Club and everything I do there. And I am humbled by those who offered to write letters of recommendation encouraging the review committee to consider me for the award. Regardless of what happens, I have already won.

No comments: