Thursday, August 14, 2008

"We" are having a baby today!!!


I am fortunate enough to have a core group of friends who live nearby, and over the past year or so we've spent a lot of time together and have grown very close. It is a rare week when someone isn't over for dinner, or when we're not somehow spepnding time together. Getting to know Brian & Emily, Brandon & Sarah and Kelly & Steve has been one of the most joyous experiences of my adulthood. I truly adore them all.

Today, Sarah is having a baby, the first baby for this group, and it feels like we're all having it with her! We have taken bets on her due date, have created the water-in-a-martini-glass "Sarahtini," attempted to guess the baby's name, and watched her belly grow over the past 9 months. And today is the day we've all been waiting for! If she had only waited another 10 or 12 hours before going into labor, we would have successfully carried out our Baby Tailgate in the hospital parking lot. Oh well...

A bit about Sarah. She is one of those people who was born to be a mom. She is the kindest, friendliest, gentlest person I know and she's going to be a spectacular parent. Her husband Brandon is going to be one of those dads who believes the world revolves around his girls - Sarah and their new baby.

While the new addition to our little family surely will change our regular routine of weeknight wine drinking and garage hockey, I can't help but think how amazing our new routine of caring for Sarah and Brandon's new little girl will be!

3 comments:

Mark Russo, PGA said...

Well done girl! A great summary of the whole gang and how much fun we all have together... One thing is for certain: that kid is going to be loved and spoiled big time! Do they make goalie pads for toddlers? Love ya!
The Goalie

Anonymous said...

Mark, I love where your mind is. Lori, that was exactly how I would describe our group (except it would not have been written quite as well). Reading it brought me to tears. Brian & I love you all and are so excited for Brandon and Sarah. I was so excited to get your text this morning I almost got in a few accidents (in which case the bill would have gone to the Collins') and missed a few turns, but it didn't even matter. And Mark is right, Baby A is going to be so loved and spoiled! I can't wait to see you guys tonight!

Love you guys!
Emily (a winger...??)

Anonymous said...

Very well put Lori! It is amazing to have such good people in my life, and tonight we get to welcome one more! Brandon and Sarah are going to be perfect parents and not just because they went to the "How To Be a Parent Weekend". I know the whole gang can't wait to help you spoil Andre Gingles Collins. Love you all and can't wait to see the newest Collins!

-BRIAN