Friday, February 25, 2005

Meeting, Eating, Meeting and Eating Meat

Greetings from foggy Hong Kong!

Our two-day meeting just ended, so the next few will hopefully provide much more interesting material to write about.

Thank you to those who have written to harrass me about the jacket I bargained for the other day. But you can't have it. It's mine. Besides, you may not want it. I wore it last night to dinner and three of the buttons popped off at various points throughout the evening. You can imagine how great I felt in my cheap alley market jacket and air freshener perfume. :)

The people we have met so far on this trip have been amazing. I now have friends in Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Singapore and here in HK. Everyone is very serious about the work we're doing, but also very willing to let loose and have fun. We had dinner last night at a restaurant on Repulse Bay. We ordered a bunch of Thai, Vietnamese and Indian food and everyone had a little bit of everything. Actually, more than a little bit. We've been eating a LOT during this trip. But, thankfully, we have also been laughing a lot and having great fun. This is a truly incredible group of people and I hope we will be able to come back and see them soon.

The view from my 50th floor hotel room is of the Peak, one of Hong Kong's most famous features. It's been pretty foggy the past few days, so I can't see the top of the Peak, but there are a bunch of buildings between our hotel and the mountain that light up beautifully at night. I hope the fog lifts before we leave so I can get the full impact of this view. I can't get a good photo of the view, but I did take one of the room and a few more from our adventures so far. As soon as I can figure out how to post them on this blog, I will.

That's all for now. Hope you all are doing well! I miss you!

Lori

1 comment:

Joey O'Connell said...

Lola,

Keep the blogs comming... I have noticed that the first thing I do in the morning when I get to work is check the new blog. It is the best part of my day (how sad). Since I usually go next door first thing and talk to you, I guess this is the next best thing.

Tell P-money I said "Whazup!"

Joe